Salinas Quads Blog

This blog is documenting the births and progress of the Salinas Quadruplets

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 30 - The babies 2nd day!

Hi everyone, Wow what a amazing day yesterday was...I now know what people with kids meant by there is nothing like it.. A quick update..First on Melissa, she is sore from the C-section but, otherwise is doing really well. She is in the elevated care area right now, but should be released to the regular postpartum area today. The 3 babies, Natalia, Samuel and Sofia are doing awesome, they are in the regular nursery, which is almost unheard of for quadruplet! Melissa and I got to hold them last night, they are so very cute. They are all sleeping in one bassinet. Matthew (our fourth) is still in the NICU. He is doing well though. Initially he was struggling with breathing, they had him on some assisted air. Today he is back on standard air, if all goes well the next couple of days he should be released to join his brothers and sisters..I have a million pictures, with all of my excitement yesterday, most of them of the floor unfortunately :) I am going to go through them today and post them up for everyone to see..I think the family got a bunch of good shots too...I'd also like to post about the actual delivery, man that was incredible..The people at Good Sam really know what they are doing! I'll do that later too

We are very blessed, all of the babies look so good. I can't believe that this day has come!

And thanks for everyone's very very kind and sweet posts, it warms our hearts and makes us feel special..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, Congratulations, I am so happy for you and your family. I wish the very best for you. I know its a little soon, but its never to early to plan for the future, so remember to get state residence tuition rates, you need to move to Ohio a year before their freshman year.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new arrivals. I'm happy to hear everyone is healthy and doing well. You'll certainly have your hands full with 4 new additions all the same age, growing up together. Best wishes!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more pics, I am checking this site constantly for updates! I took a picture of the baby pics with my phone to send to my Mom and Derek...how's that for use of technology! ;), Love you guys!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO MELISSA!!!! You rock girl (Dan is ok too). I am so happy for you guys. You are so lucky to be experiencing the whole parenthood thing 4 times over. Good luck, take care and hurry back to MI so we can see those precious kiddos!

Erica, Erik & Morgan

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! The babies are adorable -- Jay and I can't wait to meet them!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful babies! Congratulations, Dan and Melissa. Hi, Tere.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home