Salinas Quads Blog

This blog is documenting the births and progress of the Salinas Quadruplets

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Life with all four, and a shout out to the NICU!








We've had a great first couple of days with Matthew at home. He is such a little angel. The first night we kept checking on him to make sure he was ok and he always seemed to have his eyes wide open checking out his new surroundings and trying to decide where he was. He got extra cuddles to make extra sure he knew he was loved and taken care of. I think he missed all of his nurse and doctor friends from the NICU who treated him so well. We are very thankful to all of them for helping our big boy get well and for being such great teachers to Dan and I. BTW, thanks to the NICU nurses for leaving messages on the blog, that is so nice! Your handsome little buddy says hi and wants you to know he is eating like a very big boy. :)

Yesterday (Wednesday) we went to the pediatrician with all four babies. It required two car trips which gave us our first official taste for life with quads. It is crazy busy and we love it. The doctor says they are all doing great, gaining weight like champs. Today was a nice relaxing day with no appointments, so Dan and I were able to go to the pool for a little while while the grandmas watched the little ones. In addition to being super Dad, Dan has been busy coordinating insurance issues, travel, online minivan shopping, etc. so he especially deserved a little break.
Tomorrow morning we are taking Naty, Sam, and Sofi to the Children's Hospital for a six hour altitude test to determine if they will need oxygen on the plane like Matt. We'll let you know how that goes!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at my beautiful grand children. I love them sooooooooooooo muchh......

Miren a mis nietitos tan hermosos. Los quiero muchisimo.........

The proud grand mother

La abuelita orgullosa

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW, I love the idea of you all piled in a minivan! How cute! Love ya all! :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Auntie Sil said...

Awesome post! Those pictures at the doctor are so cute!!!! The wall in my office is going to be covered with pictures soon. :) I love all those little birds and you guys so much. Hey, you need to get a pic of the fab four with Mommy and Daddy in Phoenix... And, also with the grandma and great-grandma!

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so precious!!! And they look so big already!
Ok, I'm going to take a guess...
Natalia, Matthew, Samuel, and Sofia? What do I win? Haha!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a neat deal...I'm so glad you sent me a note and link, Tere! Congratulations to all of you - I'll look forward to future pics and postings!! From KC, Mary V.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

you got it right olitsa! you win an invitation to come visit the fab four anytime you like. but you have to bring trey and adrianna so the kids can get in touch with their southern side. :)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I'll be sure to bring, grits, okra, and some "britches" - I wonder if I can find a kids' translation of Faulkner? What am I saying... I need an adult translation first!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be an interesting flight home, but it is still so amazing you are already headed home. You all will be in our prayers Mon. for a safe journey.
Ben and Ann

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw you on the news. Congratulations!

Want portraits? I'll waive the sitting fee for the opportunity to photograph quads.
http://www.familyroomstudio.com

Jen

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home